Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Who doesn't love a Bank Holiday?

The last couple of months feel like they have been full of bank holidays and I cant say that i'm complaining! This weekend I took advantage of the extra day off work and went along to the fantastic Hertfordshire County Show at the showground in Redbourn. We had a fantastic day (despite a few drops of rain) and I would thoroughly recommend this as a great day out for all. There is plenty to do, see and eat and drink! You can spend hours wandering around the trade stands, watching the show jumping and showing classes and don't forget the amazing Devils Horsemen and Shetland Pony Gold Cup. Don't worry if you're not a horse lover, there is lots to see and do for everyone- wander around the craft tents, shopping marquee, make friends with the farm animals (including the basset hounds) and watch the incredibly fast Flyball Team. Unfortunately my camera battery went dead rather quickly...but I did manage to get few snaps of my lovely day out.

How cute are these lovely shetland pony foals? I am lucky as two foals have been born very close to my house so I love going past them every day watching them have fun in the fields whilst mum watches on in amusement!

One of my favourite heavy horse breeds- The Suffolk Punch. I watched a very impressive display of their skills and power and got to meet them after. Such handsome horses.


So after a great day out at one county show i'm off to another this weekend- The Cambridgeshire County Show at Wimpole Home Farm on Sunday 5th June 2011. I've never attended this one before so i'll let you know how I get on! I may even see some of you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment at The Horse Divas Blog!